NFPW Communications Contest encourages and rewards excellence in communications in a wide range of categories — writing, editing, page design, photography, graphics, radio, television, web and social media, advertising, public relations/promotion/publicity, speeches, collegiate/education, books and creative writing.
Colorado members of NFPW are urged to enter the At-Large Contest run by the National Federation of Press Women for states without an active contest (like Colorado). First-place At-Large winners are automatically entered in NFPW’s national contest. Competitors are often from New York, New Hampshire, Maryland, Louisiana, Nevada, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Jersey, Maine, Oregon, Wyoming, Georgia, Florida, Connecticut and Michigan.
- Early entry deadline — January 27, 2021 at noon in the entrant’s time zone (the first entry submitted by an entrant after this deadline will be charged a $25 fee)
- Final book deadline — Feb. 3, 2021 at noon in the entrant’s time zone
- Final contest deadline — Feb. 10, 2021 at noon in the entrant’s time zone
- *At-Large Contest winners must be NFPW members or must join by March 15
- National winners will be notified in April and honored at NFPW conference at the awards dinner in Little Rock, Ark., on June 11, 2021
Colorado Press Women members again fared well in NFPW's At-Large Communications Contest for members in states that don't run their own contest. This contest is increasingly competitive and this year featured entrants from Kentucky, South [...]
Colorado’s bumper crop of At-Large contest winners has yielded two national first place winners, two second places and an honorable mention in the National Federation of Press Women 2019 Communication Contest. Certificates will be presented [...]
The results are out for the 2018 National Federation of Press Women National Communications Contest. Colorado Press Women’s website has a link to the complete results. Colorado’s entrants via the At-Large Contest did really well [...]
Colorado Press Women members don’t enter the professional communications contest often these days, but when they do, they fare well against tough competition – two first-place awards, one second place and one third! Sonja Marie [...]
Coloradans raked in four first-place awards and four honorable mentions when they entered the NFPW 2017 At-Large Communications Contest. Those first-place wins qualify them to compete in the NFPW national contest, with awards presented at the [...]