Career enhancement, professional growth, recognition for your work, a statewide and nationwide network are a few of Colorado Press Women’s member benefits. Membership is open to professionals working in the communications field and college students majoring in communications.
Members may include reporters and editors in print, broadcast and online journalism, public relations professionals, publishers, graphic designers, public information officers, authors, photo journalists, communications educators, advertising media owners, technical writers and website coordinators.
Colorado Press Women now has a state-only membership category. For $25, you can join CPW for 12 months anytime during the year.
- Networking with Colorado communications professionals
- Access to professional development of other groups
- Professional meetings at discounted prices
- Professional development grants if you’ve been a CPW member for at least one year
- Access to the Denver Press Club, and attendance at most DPC and Colorado Press Association events at member rates
- Support from Colorado Freedom of Information Council
- Leadership development opportunities by serving on a CPW committee
To become a state-only member send an email describing your professional experience and providing contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and pay dues here:
For questions, or if you prefer to send a check by mail, contact CPW Treasurer Teresa Ford for more details: email@example.com.
For full benefits and to network with communicators nationwide, join both Colorado Press Women and the National Federation of Press Women. You get all state-only benefits plus:
- A nationwide nurturing atmosphere for professional growth
- Timely workshops and seminars at the annual NFPW conference
- Exceptional networking opportunities
- Management and leadership skills
- First Amendment and Freedom of Information education and support
- Promotion of the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
- Group libel insurance and credit cards
- Job leads
To apply for joint state and national membership or renew your current NFPW membership, go to https://nfpw.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mcform&view=ngforms&id=2063546#/
The renewal cycle for existing members begins in October and ends December 31 for the following year. If you have not received your dues renewal or have trouble logging into your profile, contact NFPW at firstname.lastname@example.org
The dues structure for 2023 is:
$110 for professionals ($90 national, $20 state)
$25 for students ($25 national; state dues free)
$45 for retirees ($30 national, $15 state)
$168 for premium professionals, i.e., eligible to buy discounted libel insurance ($148 national, $20 state)