September 21-23 in Grand Junction
Ruth Anna is having a ball making plans for CPW’s social outing to her new hometown Friday, Sept. 21 through Sunday, Sept. 23! She’s already reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton/Hampton Inn in downtown Grand Junction for $139/night where we can get a free hot breakfast each morning.
Here’s the tentative agenda:
- Friday evening, Sept. 21, Ronya and Andrew Jones, Ruth’s daughter and son-in-law, are hosting a barbecue+wine/beer at their beautiful home. Since Andrew is Chief Medical Officer at St. Mary’s Medical Center, the Western Slope’s major regional hospital, expect a short presentation on it.
- Saturday, Sept. 22
- 9 a.m. – coffee, rolls/muffins at the Eureka Museum on the campus of Colorado Mesa University followed by a presentation and tour at 9:30 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – carpool to Colorado National Monument where Larry Anna (and friends) will lead us on a geologic tour. Box lunch at an overlook.
- 2:30 p.m. – tour Museum of Western Colorado in downtown Grand Junction followed by a wine and chocolate-tasting reception by Enstrom’s and a vineyard TBD at the museum.
- Dinner plans are open – probably scatter to local restaurants unless you have other requests.
- Sunday, Sept. 23 (optional) – Let Ruth know if you’re interested and she can make reservations for brunch at Gateway Resort, followed by what she promises is their fabulous museum of antique cars.
It’s too soon to tell how the peach crop will emerge from March’s freeze and hence, whether there will still be peaches. Registration fee hasn’t been decided yet, but will cover most costs for Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and maybe museum entry fees. Other details will follow over the summer. Members who are interested in attending are strongly urged to write Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing CPW Events
The CPW Writers Group welcomes new members interested in stretching into creative writing, whether it’s fiction, nonfiction, poetry or scripts. We meet at 10 a.m . on the second Saturday of the month. For details, contact Dala Giffin.
Colorado Press Women started the new year with a program on"Exploring gender equity for professional women in journalism and mass communications in Colorado." We used this gathering to launch a conversation about how far women [...]
Colorado Press Women was proud to host the successful national conference Sept. 7-9 at the Adam's Mark in Denver. Included below are links to summaries of the week's events. 200+ attend Rendezvous in the [...]